ONLINE Applications deadline: 1 June 2018 *
Late applications may be admissible upon space availability **
- Because of its reputation for excellence, admission to the EMBA Program is highly selective.
- Admission to the program is based on the candidate's application file; potentially qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Great importance is attributed to the quality of academic record, personal motivation and relevance of the professional experience.
* Early bird until 1 March 2018 (CHF 500.- reduction on enrollment fees)
** Subject to CHF 200.- late application fee
- University Degree, or equivalent (i.e. Bac+3,... ) *
- Pertinent work experience - 3 years minimum in a managerial position (excluding training sessions)
- Strong command of both written and spoken English
- Computer office tools (spreadsheet, word processor, presentation tools)
- Basic Accounting understanding (balance sheets/income statement, P&N, EBITDA) or ability to assimilate numbers and concepts
* If you don't have a University degree, please visit the "Bachelor en emploi" website: http://gsem-executive.unige.ch/bachelor-en-emploi/. Admission conditions to the EMBA still apply.
The application process includes 4 steps which normally takes 5-6 weeks:
- Validation of application & documents submitted online
- Quality check of the application / dossier
- One-hour interview with one of the EMBA alumni for candidates whose application is approved in Steps 1 & 2. It is normally conducted in person; it may be done via skype, if necessary
- Review of validated applications and final decision by the Directing Committee
Notification is sent to candidates by email.
HOW TO APPLY
The following documents must be downloaded during the application process: (we advise you to prepare the documents in pdf format -except for your photo- before your start the application process):
- Cover Letter *
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer *
- Complete resume *
- A copy of your University diploma(s) * / **
- Copy of your University grade transcripts **
- Copy of your Secondary Studies Diploma (High School, Maturité, Bac...)
- Work certificates or letters from past employers
- A copy of your passport or ID card
- A copy of your "AVS" card or Health Insurance card
- A copy of your work permit, if applicable
- A passport / portrait photo (jpg format) - picture criteria
Mandatory items marked with an * must be downloaded in order to validate your application. Click on "Submit" at the end of the application process.
** In case of acceptance, a certified / notarized copy will be required.
ATTENTION: The EMBA does not handle visa matters. Applicants should already hold a valid permit or be able to travel twice a month for the entire duration of their studies for the bi-weekly program, or 5 times for the Block format program. The Swiss Immigration Law states that only individuals who wish to study full-time (min. 20 hours per week) are elligible to apply for a student visa.
Upon acceptance to the EMBA Program, candidates will need to do the following in order to finalize their registration and secure their seat:
- send a confirmation and settle the CHF 5'000.- registration fee within 10 days. This fee is non-refundable.
- submit certified or notarized copies of their University Diplomas and transcripts to the EMBA office before the Welcome/Introduction Module.
Applications submitted after the deadline will be subject to a late enrolment / registration fee (CHF 200). This does not guarantee acceptance into the program.